|*Process Specific* - Training and Troubleshooting Workshop
Course Length:1 day (10 hours)
This one day workshop is designed to provide process specific training
in the usage of the K&S 3-step methodology, for troubleshooting and
determining root cause of a process upset. The method is based on and applied using the logic
or predictability designed into "your selected process system". Applying our methodology
to your selected process ensures that each student understands the function of the process and the
associated factors that must be controlled to accomplish that function.
Emphasis is also placed on the necessity of developing appropriate (safe & economical) corrective
action plans that return the process to normal without creating additional problems.
Pro-active monitoring and control of your process is also stressed as a way to recognize
abnormal conditions early on and prevent losing control of the process..
After course completion your employees will be able to:
- Solve complex process problems (determine root cause) using the K&S 3-step
method with 100% accuracy
- List the process control factors associated with each of the processes used.
- Use the process control factors to develop a punch list for troubleshooting the process
- Determine if a process upset is the result of a controller problem or a
- Recognize abnormal conditions in the process early on and prevent losing control of the process
- Take better control of the process to minimize environmental upsets
- Improve communications with co-workers using a common language for problem solving the process
- Operate the process with increased confidence
- Increase the on-stream time of the respective processes
- Train others in a common method for troubleshooting process problems
Who should attend?
This course is intended for anyone with day to day responsibilities for
operating the plant or improving the process. This includes Outside Operators, Console
Operators, Supervisors, Engineers, Electrical and Instrument Technicians.
- Introductions & Objectives
- Importance of the Good Troubleshooter / Team Work
- Production Person’s Job Model
- Introduction of your Specific Process & Systems Logic
- Review the 3-Step Method of Determining Root Cause
- Discuss in Detail each of the Processes and Associated Equipment
- Discuss Function & Factors for each piece of Equipment
- Use the 3-Step Method to Solve Process Specific Problems
- Develop Safe and Economical Corrective Action Plan for each Problem Worked
To keep our development costs as low as possible, K&S Associates requests that the following items be prepared in advance of the arrival of our consultant:
- Identify the process to be taught in the Process Specific Workshop
- Develop and provide a simplified flow diagram of the process with complete instrumentation
- The diagram must include controller logic (point of reading and corresponding control valve or component)
- Provide "normal" data for controllers (set-points) and indicators
- Provide function statements for all equipment in the process. These function statements will be used as we work together to develop the Function / Factor forms for the workshop
- Assign a resident process expert to work with us as we develop the classroom materials and handouts, including problem scenarios
- Your resident process expert will become the in-house trainer for the developed process. That expert should adjust his/her schedule to attend all of the
workshops taught for your personnel to further ensure his/her competency in delivering the materials.
- All developed materials remain on your site.
- Workbooks and handouts will be provided as part of the Process Specific Package and master copies of each will be provided to your subject matter expert (SME) for future in-house training.
Our specifically designed Process Specific Training provides focused troubleshooting support for your process based on the unique logic of your system. Using
the created materials from the workshop and compliance with OSHA's PSM Standard under section (g) training will be made easier because:
- You will be able to capture data from incidents or upsets and instantly update employees that may have been on days-off.
- You can recreate any incidentfrom data archives and expand the unit specific training and troubleshooting skills.
- All materials used in the Process Specific Package can be used in the initial training process of newly assigned operators.
- All materials used in the Process Specific Package can be used for operator refresher training as mandated by OSHA.
- The troubleshooting method can be applied to process simulation training of new control room operators.
- Operators demonstrate greater confidence in using their operations-based skills.